Join our Team
At I Am Church, our vision is to win and develop souls for Jesus Christ. Will you get behind our vision by joining our team? Check out the open positions below.
years in ministry
The role of the Campus Pastor (CP) is to oversee the life and direction of I Am Church – East Campus under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor (SP). This requires a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of I Am Church and the ability to align volunteers and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The CP will offer pastoral leadership to the campus and ensure the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
The Campus Pastor will be responsible for:
Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of I Am Church. The CP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a daily quiet time with God.
- Participating in an I Am Church small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Supporting the ministries of I Am Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of income.
Strategic Leadership and Planning
Responsible for championing I Am Church’s vision and values at the campus location. The CP will assist the SP in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s mission and vision. The CP will lead the campus in accomplishing goals and action plans established by the SP and Team Zero. The CP will provide the catalyzing challenges and activities which allow I Am Church to remain true to its mission and vision. This leadership and
input will be provided through many activities including:
- Implementing intentional volunteer meetings to clarify and execute I Am Church’s goals and objectives (Ministry teams to meet once a month).
- Monitoring and reporting the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation of attendance, giving, small group participation, baptisms, volunteer engagement, community transformation, etc.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals and I Am Church’s campus constants (WOW team, children’s ministry, worship, prayer and follow up, outreach, shock and awe)
- Managing campus budget and providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church including stewardship campaigns, cash flow, contributions, and budget development.
- Fulfilling other pastoral/administrative duties (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, etc.) or other tasks which might not be considered part of the normal job description.
Oversight of Campus Worship Experiences
Responsible for ensuring that all worship experiences are executed with excellence. The CP displays excellent communication skills, the ability to make sound decisions, high-level networking, and relational strengths that enhance each worship experience. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Delivering weekly relevant, Biblical sermons.
- Oversee worship and other creative elements to complement the teaching in each ministry environment (Nursery and Sunday School).
Volunteer Supervision and Development
Provides leadership and direction to the campus volunteers. The CP will lead and mentor volunteers in their respective areas of ministry and prioritize future needs. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the campus volunteer leadership team as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities.
- Overseeing the training and development of the campus leadership team.
- Empowering volunteers and leaders to lead the ministries and operations.
- Providing coaching to the volunteers in the design and implementation of all church ministries, including periodically evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure to reflect ministry strategy.
- Participate in Team Zero leadership meetings (2-3 hours/month)
- Participate in leadership meetings (2 hours/quarter)
- Participate or occasionally speak during Midweek services (2 hours/week)
- A deeply committed follower of Jesus.
- Ability to devote at least 10-12 hours per week to work in and on the ministry.
- Affirms I Am Church’s core beliefs, mission, values, policies, and practices.
- A proven community builder – able to network effectively, recruit, empower, and disciple people in their community.
- Able to prepare and preach a relevant and inspiring biblical sermon each Sunday.
- Effective administrative skills – including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning, and effectively manage ministry and personal schedules.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong gift of leadership and proven experience developing leaders and building teams.
- Ability to recruit, develop, retain, and communicate with volunteers.
- Embrace I Am Church’s vision to connect with people of varied ethnic and economic backgrounds by showing God’s unwavering love, acceptance, and forgiveness.
- Team player – humble, willing to defer to others, can lead under direction.
- Gives financially to the local church.
- Participates in a small group.
- 125% of bonus sum if…the annual average is at least 100 people per Sunday morning service at the end of the first calendar year.
- 100% of bonus sum if….the annual average is at least 80 people per Sunday morning service at the end of the first calendar year.
- 75% of bonus sum if…the annual average is at least 70 people per Sunday morning service at the end of the first calendar year.
- 50% of bonus sum if…the annual average is at least 60 people per Sunday morning service at the end of the first calendar year.
- 25% of bonus sum if…the annual average is at least 50 people per Sunday morning service at the end of the first calendar year.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Interview Round 1: Saturday, March 12, 2022, at 10 am
- Interview Round 2: Thursday, March 21, 2022, at 6:00 pm
- Starting Date: April 4, 2022
- 1st Service Launch date: September 18, 2022